Google
 

Thursday, September 20, 2007

New Study Finds That Massage Reduces Stress--But We Already Knew That

In a recent study, emergency room nurses who received aromatherapy massages accompanied by music experienced reduced stress levels. According to ScienceDaily, 86 Australian nurses took part in the 12 week study. Usually, 54 to 65 percent of ER staffers suffer from moderate to severe anxiety, but during the course of the study that number fell to 8 percent.

Those nurses only got 15-minute massages, which seems like such a tease. But it shows that even if you only have time for a short massage, you will still experience some benefits.

1 comment:

  1. I suffer from panic and even getting massages once in a while has helped. After leaving the medical field and enjoying the spa field I thought my panic would improve, but it still kicks in. I quess my point is things are only as stressful as we allow them to be.

    ReplyDelete