Google
 

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Insomniac’s Guide of Things To Do When Failing to Sleep - lifehack.org


I have always been a bit of a night owl. As a kid, I had a strict bed time, but often, I would sneak back downstairs after I was sure my parents were asleep and watch TV all night. These days I still have trouble going to bed at a decent hour. When I try, my mind refuses to shut down. Random thoughts race through my head ranging from what I have to do tomorrow to the theme song to The Great Space Coaster. I spend hours tossing and turning before I eventually give up and go watch infomercials. My husband says I am still rebelling from that strict bedtime of my childhood.

The web is full of advice for the sleep deprived. Most of it consists of such tidbits as go to bed and get up at the same time every day. I'm sure this is sound advice. But going to bed is not the same as going to sleep, and few articles help with ways to quiet an overactive mind. Until now. . . Lifehack.org has a great article on things to do to distract your brain and lull it into a quieter, more sleep-friendly mode. Hopefully one of these will help me get a few more hours of shuteye tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment